Educational institutions must which has defined a final list of applicants non-French speakers to ensure that the level of their French language sufficient to enable them to integrate in a satisfactory manner in the forthcoming program.
Subject areas covered by the Eiffel program:
· Engineering Sciences at the master’s level, and science in a broader sense to PhD level (engineering sciences, pure sciences such as mathematics, physics, chemistry, life sciences, nanotechnology and biotechnology, Earth and Environmental Sciences, and Science and ICT).
· Economics and Management.
· Law and Political Science.
Levels of academic study covered by the Eiffel program:
· Programs that offer master’s degrees or colleges offering Diploma in Engineering Sciences.
· PhD programs as part of a thesis under the joint training or supervision with foreign higher education institution partner.
Must not be older than applicants for master’s programs for thirty years by the deadline for the selection committee on March 8 2013 (ie born after 03.08.1982), and not more than thirty-five years for applicants to doctoral programs (ie born after 8/3 / 1977).
The selection criteria for the Eiffel Scholarship:
Being chosen by a committee composed of three specialized committees (Committee for each field of study). Nor can the members of the Committee to assess applications submitted by educational institutions that have professional links with them.
The Commission used the following three selection criteria:
· Academic excellence of the candidate from his university job so far and the innovative character of the research theme (are evaluated by a score of out of 10, weighted with a degree of 3).
· International politics of the institution that you submit the application, and the activities that are carried out in the geographical area concerned, and hosting service excellence, and suitability with respect to the request (be evaluated by a score of out of 5, weighted with a degree of 3).
· Cooperation Policy and the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs in particular precedence given to priority countries for this program (is evaluated out by a score of 5 and weighted with a degree of 1).
Eiffel for a grant:
Master’s program: a condition for granting scholarship student meets the Eiffel annual academic requirements for the platform for up to 12 months when you register for M2, and a maximum period of 24 months when you register for M1 and a maximum period of 36 months when you register for the Diploma of Engineering Sciences.
PhD program: Eiffel grant is awarded for a maximum period of ten months. The language classes are offered for scientific disciplines and the economy. We also have students who are studying law and political science option of taking French lessons at the same time study at the request of the host institution (should include the demand in the application form).
And after it is approved by the selection committee, it can be divided into a period of ten months to three stages in France spread over a maximum period of three years include a period of 3-4 months in France with alternating student residence in the country.
Eiffel grant amounts:
Master’s program: winner receives a grant Eiffel monthly allowance worth 1,181 euros (at the rate applicable at present). In addition to this, the program will cover various expenses including return trip, health insurance and cultural activities. As can grantee take advantage of additional subsistence allowance.
PhD program: receives winning grant Eiffel monthly allowance worth 1.400 euros (at the rate applicable at present) with additional allowances for a return trip and one (will pay a return trip and only one for the students of law and political studies who make several residences in France), and health insurance and cultural activities. As can grantee take advantage of additional subsistence allowance.
Eiffel program does not cover tuition fees (excluding fees introductory language course).